On 10/24/2010 at 2:39:00 pm, I placed my order online for the following: Items: Copper Mailbox - Large, SKU: GD-252, Quantity: 1, Item Price : $319.00, Item Total : $319.00; Item: The Litchfield Post (Large), SKU: GD-272L, Quantity: 1, Item Price : $299.00, Item Total : $299.00.

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:37 AM I received an email that The Litchfield Post had recently sold out and that you were not getting any more in. You asked if I wanted to switch to another.

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:25 PM I replied " We'll just take the mailbox. Please let me know what the revised shipping and tax will be. May I contact the manufacturer of the original post that I wanted?"

Since that email from you on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:37 AM, I did not heard from you. On Sunday 10/31/2010 at 6:46 am I sent you the following: "Cancel my order with your company upon receipt of this email due to the extremely poor customer service I have received. I have no expectation that if there are any problems with my order that you will ever contact me and resolve the issue as you can't do so even during the ordering process. You do not return phone messages and there is never a live person answering the phone (always a pre-recorded as to how busy you are); you do not return emails or customer service comments on your website and your "live chat" is not functional. Please be advised that I will challenge any and all charges to my credit card. If you disagree with any of my comments, please, please contact me!"

You ignored my request to cancel the order and shipped it anyway.

Upon receipt I unpacked the mailbox and noted the following Defects/Damages:

1. The mailbox we received was of extremely poor workmanship as evidenced by the very poor soldering, the excess rubbing compound that was never removed and the handle on the front of the box was not centered. In addition, the door does not even shut properly making the mailbox itself non-functional.

2. The mailbox had scratches and significant defects on the molding.

3. The mailbox pictured on the website was significantly different in style and construction from the one we received. This is not only deceptive advertising it is dishonest.

Had an Experience with The Country Gentleman?

Comments

Lowell, Massachusetts, United States #1229623

I am finding the same lack of "Customer Service" as another customer discovered.Ordered a weathervane several weeks ago.

They took my money immediately but never shipped the item. They have not returned one of my calls or emails and although they claim to have Live Customer Service, I only reached a Live person once who said that she would check with the guys and have someone call me. No one ever called and I beginning to think that I have been scammed.

Has anyone ever been happy with the company and their product?Trying to remain hopeful but feeling like I've just lost $420.00!

to Anonymous #1323103

I've had the exact same experience! Avoid this site. The pictures are pretty but the service is terrible.